*** This just in! For all of you wonderful people who prayed for my mother-in-law’s surgery yesterday, she came through it well. We don’t know any of the details, but if I start getting weak in the knees I’m going back to the Scriptures from yesterday’s post! Thank you for your prayers, emails, posts, texts and phone calls. We appreciate them!
Okay…15 things I love about being a mom-in no particular order 🙂
* I can convince my kids to dance with me in the middle of dinner.
* “Say yes to the dress” while snuggling with my daughter on the couch.
* When my tween son looks at me, his eyes sparkle and gleam with love that only a son can give.
* My kisses possess magical power to heal hurts and hearts.
* My high-school son keeps the notes I slip into his school lunch.
* I have been blessed with this motley crew of humans that God put together under one roof who accept me just as I am.
* All of our family’s private jokes. Priceless!
* I have dozens of pet names for my kids. They know them all and answer to them!
* They trust me and know I’ve got their best interest at heart.
* Performing an animated solo flash-mob to my teenage daughter while the grocery store’s overhead speakers played Whitney Houston’s song, “I will always love you” in the middle of the checkout line last night. The clerk laughed as I walked out with my arm around my sweet thing serenading her all the way to the van.
* We’re not afraid to talk about the tough stuff.
* The smell of their freshly washed hair.
* Watching them grow into amazing young adults. What a privilege.
* They give me an excuse to drop everything and have a pillow fight in the living room!
* No one else but my family would want to live with me! 🙂