It’s Christmas in July! Last December, I found these beautiful, inexpensive acrylic dragonfly ornaments at WalMart. From the moment I saw them, I knew they were perfect for our back porch…in the summer. So I bought and stashed them for months.
Then I found these gorgeous blue glass canning jars in the canning section of our local grocery store. Again, a super economical find!
These dragonfly jars fare SO easy to assemble…
- Glass canning jars (a.k.a. Mason jars)
- Acrylic ornaments
- Glue dots
- Super Glue
- Votive holder, candles, flowers, pebbles, etc. to fill the jars
- Cut the strings off the ornaments.
- Play with how you want the ornament to sit on the glass jar.
- Once you have an idea of how to affix the ornament, place two glue dots on it; one on the top half and one on the tail. Make sure both glue dots will rest directly on the glass jar.
- Press the ornament on the glass and hold it for a few seconds while the glue dots adhere.
- Using Super Glue, use a drop or two between the rim of the glass and the ornament so it runs down between the two fora secure seal.
- Fill the jars with whatever you’d like!
(Serving board is from Home Goods.)